Anderson Carriage & Wagon
Welcome to Anderson Carriage & Wagon! We restore, repair, inspect, paint, refurbish, test and supply spares to historic carriages and wagons, from wooden Victorian 6-wheelers right up to more modern steel-bodied Mk1 and Mk2 carriages used by many Heritage Railways today.
We are based in Yorkshire but can travel from our base to any part of the country should you require our services, which can range from graffiti removal to heavy general repairs and complete overhauls and refurbishment. We can also collect stock and refurbish at our base and then return it to your base should this be required.
We specialise in the restoration of carriages and wagons; this is the core of our business. However we have undertaken work on locomotives occasionally too - such as bodywork welding.
View our new Mk 1 Repair Gallery:
View our new Mk 2 Repair Gallery:
Rolling stock which we repair
- BR Mark 1 coaches
- BR Mark 2 coaches
- Open wagons
- Brake Vans
- Wooden carriages
- Victorian saloons
- Sleeping coaches
- Box vans
We aim able to provide a timely and efficient service, and are confident of being able to provide you with a competitive quote. Coming from Yorkshire we know the value of money!
We have worked on stock which runs on many of the countries' heritage railways, from Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway up here in Yorkshire, to the Stately Trains fleet of carriages (some of which have travelled the world).
We can undertake work on a regular contract basis or as a one-off fee for a particular repair or restoration.
Please get in contact with us for more information or a quote, we'd be delighted to hear from you.
Key Skills and Facilities
Woodwork - some of the work we undertake and equipment we use
- Woodwork restoration
- Framework repairs
- Band saw
Metalwork - we also have access to the following equipment
- Pyramid rolls
- TIG welder
- Plasma cutter
Some of our Finished Products
33. Finished product: Recently restored Mk 1.
63. Work completed on the 12 wheel LNWR Directors' saloon.
66. Finished product: Lined out Mk 1.
58. Completed work: Wooden bodies wagons at Stoneacre, E&BASR.
12. Mk 1 under restoration and Matterson jacks in use.
14. Matterson jacks in use during bogie maintenance on the LNWR Directors' Saloon.
17 Mk 1 under restoration and Matterson jacks in use.
19. Mk 1 under restoration and being lined out and Matterson jacks in use.
TIG, MIG, MMA & Aluminium welding
54. Welding capabilities.
48. Welding work undertaken in the restoration of the toilet end of a Mk 1.
49. Welding work undertaken in the restoration of the toilet end of a Mk 1.
68. New parts machined and installed to replace worn our originals.
Collection and delivery available if required
1. We can take delivery of your stock if necessary whilst we restore it.
21. We can take delivery of your stock if necessary whilst we restore it.
Make an Enquiry
- Here are some of the services that we offer. If the service that you require is not listed, please get in touch - we have many years experience of all things Carriage & Wagon and would love to help.
- Vehicle Painting Service
- Bodywork Repairs
- Interior Restorations
- Inspections & Testing
- Carriage & Wagon Spares
- Graffiti Removal
Proprietor: Wendy Anderson
Mobile: 07729 542 279
5, Willowfield Crescent
Alternatively, you are welcome to complete the contact form and express an interest in one of our services with no obligation.